Refining and Petrochemical Process Optimization Engineer
Imubit is looking for a top-notch chemical engineer to help transcend process industries with breakthrough machine learning technology.
Imubit, a Houston-based startup backed by Silicon Valley Venture Capital, has invented a new machine learning paradigm for process industries. The company was founded by world-class machine learning scientists, globally renowned in process manufacturing, and serial entrepreneurs. Our clients are among the largest global energy, refining, and chemical operators.
We are looking for:
You, a Chemical Engineer, with an interest in modeling and optimization; previous experience in either process engineering, process troubleshooting, or process control is required. You want to be a part of what’s next in the industry using process optimization software and machine learning technology to solve core issues and redefine an industry. You aspire to be on a pioneering fast-growing team that works closely with clients to solve their difficult problems and provide them with proven economical results. You are self-motivated and love learning new technological and scientific disciplines. You recognize a once-in-a-career opportunity and seize it.
In this position you will:
- Work directly with Imubit’s founders and significantly impact company growth.
- Collaborate with Imubit’s world-leading Google-endorsed Machine Learning scientists
- Work closely with client teams both remotely and on-site to leverage their data to explore the process and its economic drivers.
- Combine process and machine learning to apply Imubit’s system to the right points in the process and tune system parameters.
- Evaluate Machine Learning models via chemical process understanding.
- Develop a deep understanding of the product’s usage patterns and shape its future roadmap in collaboration with algorithm, software and product teams.
- Demonstrate and explain Imubit’s technology to clients and train them to leverage it.
- Understand client feedback and facilitate two-way communication with Imubit’s R&D team.
- BSc in Chemical Engineering
- 3-10 years of industry engineering experience (refining, petrochemical, NGL/ethanol, etc.)
- Willingness to travel to client sites (30%)
- Optimization or Linear modeling experience is a plus
Imubit provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Imubit complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Imubit does not accept or retain unsolicited CVs or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
No visa sponsorship is available for this position.