Refining and Petrochemical Process Operations Engineer
Imubit is looking for a top-notch chemical engineer to help transcend process industries with breakthrough machine learning technology.
Imubit, a Houston-based startup backed by Silicon Valley Venture Capital, has invented a new machine learning paradigm for process industries. The company was founded by world-class machine learning scientists, globally renowned in process manufacturing, and serial entrepreneurs. Our clients are among the largest global energy, refining, and chemical operators.
We are looking for:
You, a resourceful and creative Chemical Engineer, with passion for automation; Your experience in process engineering, process troubleshooting, and process control, has brought you to believe the industry is ripe for transformative change. You want to be a part of what’s next in the industry using process optimization software and machine learning technology to solve core issues and redefine an industry. You aspire to be on a pioneering fast-growing team that works closely with clients to solve their difficult problems and provide them with proven economical results. You are self-motivated and love learning new technological and scientific disciplines. You recognize a once-in-a-career opportunity and seize it.
In this position you will:
- Integrate your vast understanding of process operations and optimization to solve problems, monitor and evaluate the on-line performance of our Deep Learning models.
- Leverage client’s expertise and data to explore the process and its economic drivers.
- Build and drive metrics to efficiently evaluate and improve client profitability through Imubit’s technology.
- Closely collaborate with world-leading machine learning experts to ensure successful implementation of long term solutions and on-going performance of DLPC ®.
- Communicate the clients’ needs within Imubit’s teams to troubleshoot and resolve ongoing issues.
- Nurture key client personnel relationships to ensure customer satisfaction and on-going benefits.
- Manage the DLPC commissioning process to ensure key process indicators and value generation targets are met.
- BSc in Chemical Engineering
- 3-10 years of industry engineering experience (refining, petrochemical, NGL/ethanol, etc.)
- Willingness to travel to client sites ~10%
- Optimization or Linear modeling experience is a plus
- Experience with Process Control and some exposure to APC
- Prior experience with project management or leading project teams and refinery initiatives is a plus
Imubit provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Imubit complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Imubit does not accept or retain unsolicited CVs or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
No visa sponsorship is available for this position.