QA and Automation Manager
Imubit is looking for a top-notch Software QA and Automation Manager to bring to scale breakthrough deep learning technologies disrupting the manufacturing world!
Imubit is revolutionizing manufacturing paradigms with specialized deep learning algorithms developed by world-class machine learning scientists. At this very moment, facilities of multiple Fortune-500 customers across the world are being optimized by Imubit, enjoying hundreds of millions of dollars per year in total incremental value. The company was founded by award-winning scientists, elite IDF tech unit graduates, and serial entrepreneurs. It is backed by Silicon Valley VCs and already has significant revenue.
We are looking for:
You, a top-notch Software QA and Automation Manager, to lead Imubit’s product testing activities and assure that the mission-critical product and service we deliver meets the highest quality standards as expected in the industries we serve. With your help, this product will become the largest manufacturing optimization system the world has ever known. This is a one-of-a-kind chance to join the technological team of a company with a proven ability to transcend industries through scientific inventions, that is just commencing its exponential growth.
About the team we are building:
It is not a typical QA team that we are building. This is about testing a system that runs in a complex technological environment, influenced by external, sometimes unexpected, chemical processes and reactions, where quality is critical, with direct implications on human safety. The system spans over an On-Premise installation and a Cloud Service.
In our field proper testing requires developing deep domain expertise, setting up complex simulation environments, sometimes integrating with equipment that is difficult to attain, designing smart, creative, and complex test scenarios, and automating for efficient execution.
We are building a dominant and strong QA team that our product and our industry demand, and we have no room for errors when it comes to quality!
- Work hand in hand with Product Management, Engineering, and Machine Learning teams throughout the product development lifecycle. Lead all QA activities starting from feature requirements, through design and implementation, until testing and delivery.
- Define and assimilate QA processes, practices, and tools that integrate tightly with the entire software development lifecycle
- Drive and implement automated testing agenda wherever it is possible and cost-effective
- Recruit QA and automation professionals to build a strong and dominant team
- Be involved hands-on with test definition, execution, and automation
- Plan and execute on setting up complex test environments simulating real-world manufacturing plants
- Conduct continuous risk analysis to match the testing efforts to QA capacity in the most effective way
- Reporting to the VP of Engineering, being a member of the engineering management
- Ability to get into and develop deep knowledge in an unfamiliar domain
- Comfortable dealing with architecturally complex systems involving many details
- Experience working in a technological product domain (e.g. Security, Networking, Telco, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of QA practices and processes – test planning, risk management, coverage analysis, performance testing, longevity testing, component vs system testing, etc.
- Experience setting up technologically complex testing environments involving simulators, testing tools, self-developed test applications
- Fluency with complex IT environments, cloud (AWS, GCP), and physical – setting up, managing, troubleshooting, involving both Linux and Windows
- Extensive experience with test automation – data-driven testing, UI testing, etc.
- Dominance, demanding, assertiveness – ability to challenge and insist on quality matters
- Ability to initiate, plan and execute on complex activities
- Organized and methodical
- At least 3 years of experience as a QA Manager
- BSc in computer science, electrical engineering, or equivalent
- Excellent English
- Experience in both startups and established companies
- Experience working on products involving machine and deep learning
- Understanding control systems
- Experience with both SaaS and On-Premise products
- Experience with data pipelines testing
- Experience with complex logic testing
- Experience with UI testing
- Knowledge of Python and its ecosystem
- Experience working on products sold to enterprise customers