Imubit is looking for a top-notch Financial Analyst to support the Accounting and Finance teams as the company disrupts the massive process manufacturing industry with breakthrough machine learning technology.
Imubit, a Houston-based startup backed by Silicon Valley Venture Capital, has invented a new machine learning paradigm for process industries. The company was founded by world-class machine learning scientists, globally renowned in process manufacturing, and serial entrepreneurs. Our clients are among the largest global energy, refining, and chemical operators.
We are looking for:
A self-driven and critical thinking Financial Analyst to support the Finance and Accounting teams in the areas of month-end close, financial reporting, corporate budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis as well as providing economic analysis and other ad-hoc projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports to Assistant Controller and CFO on ad-hoc basis
- Works with Assistant Controller for preparation of Board of Directors materials and investor relations materials for both debt and equity investors
- Assists with preparation of the weekly cash forecast, monthly financial reports to management, and quarterly financial reporting to debt and equity investors
- Collaborates with Assistant Controller to improve Imubit’s financial model
- Uses financial information and budget vs. actual analysis to suggest improvements to business operations and to drive margin improvement
- Interfaces with operations and sales teams to better integrate information across the organization into forecasted financials
- Consolidates insurance information and improves insurance costs/outcomes regarding premiums, coverage, and deductibles
- Vendor spending reviews and variance analysis as needed
- Ad-hoc projects as needed
Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance; Masters or MBA preferred
- CPA preferred
- 2-3 years of experience in the oil and gas, public accounting, or software-as-a-service (SaaS) industry, preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google Suite applications, including Excel & Google Sheets (required)
- Experience with Quickbooks, preferred
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication, including PowerPoint
- Strong Financial Modeling skills
- Ability to prioritize assignments, deal with interruptions, and meet deadlines in a fast paced and growth-oriented environment.
Imubit provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Imubit complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Imubit does not accept or retain unsolicited CVs or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
No visa sponsorship is available for this position.