Control Systems Specialist
Imubit is looking for a top-notch Control Systems Specialist eager to disrupt process manufacturing industries with breakthrough machine learning technologies.
Imubit, a Houston-based startup backed by Silicon Valley Venture Capital, has invented a new type of machine learning technology designed specifically to optimize process manufacturing plants. The company was founded by world-class machine learning scientists, globally renowned experts in process manufacturing, and serial software entrepreneurs. Its clients are among the largest global energy and chemical operators.
We are looking for:
You, a resourceful, proactive, and hard-working Control Systems Specialist With 5+ years of technical expertise. You want to leave your footprint in a complex, mission-critical process control environment that will be deployed and maintained by huge enterprise customers. You strive to optimize the deployment process, streamline continuous delivery upgrades, and improve customer experience. You are passionate about scripting, automation, and managing configuration. You are a self-motivated, well-organized, strong communicator who loves learning new domains. You recognize a once-in-a-career opportunity and seize it.
Essential functions and responsibility:
- Deliver new capabilities by leading the installation and configuration of critical software, related services, tools, and operating systems
- Oversee the existing installations and connectivity in mission-critical control networks
- Partner with clients and Imubit team to develop focused understanding and lend assistance for daily objectives and tasks
- Create and drive new initiatives to resolve networking and connectivity issues as well as enhance remote monitoring capabilities
- Ensure reliability, sustainability, and security for the company network services: users, permissions, workstations
You have experience with:
- Excellent communication skills
- Configuring and troubleshooting OPC clients and DCOM connectivity
- Industrial control systems (e.g DeltaV, Honeywell, Foxboro, Yokogawa)
- Database management (SQL queries, backup)
- Network security (log collection and analysis, traffic monitoring, firewall configuration)
- Scripting (e.g Python)
- Windows servers and workstations administration (domains, DNS, SMTP, permissions, shared folders, network connectivity)
- Troubleshooting server-side software and services
It would be nice if you had experience with:
- Linux server and workstation administration (security, permissions, repositories, networking, NTP)
- Virtualization infrastructure (e.g. VMware ESXi)
- Container (Docker) technologies
- Linux configuration management (Ansible, Chef, or equivalent)
- PostgreSQL database administration
Imubit provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Imubit complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Imubit does not accept or retain unsolicited CVs or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
No visa sponsorship is available for this position.